Villa Saint Martin is a healing centre founded by the Jesuits. It offers an oasis of peace to groups and individuals in search of meaning in their relationships with God, others and themselves.
The Villa Saint-Martin is Montreal’s Jesuit Retreat House, a place of peace for individuals and groups looking for meaning through their relationships with God and one another. Grounded in the dynamics of the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius, we seek to promote human and spiritual growth and right relationships in community. The Villa Saint-Martin team and its partners accompany people of all origins in their search for God, with special attention given to young people who yearn for a hope-filled future. We also seek to care for our common home.
Grounded in the Christian tradition of the Jesuits in Quebec, we wish to promote:
- Respect for each person, their dignity and their culture
- Care for each person’s place and interior experience
- Openness to God, creation, and others
- Solidarity, compassion, and belonging to a larger human community
- Concern for our common home
Aims of our program:
- Offer practical tools for quiet prayer, reflection on one’s own story, and discernment oriented towards personal decision-making
- Propose an accessible Christian spirituality that integrates all dimensions of life
- Promote the development of communal synergies
- Walk with individuals and groups in a way that provides space for healthy discernment