Land Acknowledgement: From the Anishnaabe to the Attawandaron, Haudenosaunee and the M’etis, these treaty lands are steeped in rich indigenous history and modern traditions. As a community, we have the responsibility to honour and respect the four directions, land, water, plants, animals, and ancestors. Today, this area is home to many indigenous peoples from across Turtle Island. We acknowledge the Mississaugas of the Credit on whose territory the Ignatius Jesuit Centre sits.
Ignatius Jesuit Centre cultivates spiritual growth and ecological engagement.
A world of peace, connecting all people to God and to Creation.
Rooted in the Catholic Christian tradition and building on the history of the Jesuit community in the Guelph area, we value:
- all creation
- unity in diversity
- ecological sustainability
- interfaith connections
- social justice
- the spiritual journey
We are dedicated to providing programs that:
- Foster an ecological way of life, for the healing of the world.
- Nurture a deeper spirituality in people, leading to inner freedom.
- Promote the production of local sustainable food.
- Provide a welcoming space for individual and communal discernment, and education.