January 25, 2024 @ 7:30 pm – January 28, 2024 @ 12:30 pm
Facilitated by Michael W. Higgins
This retreat is an entry point for considering the life and work of Thomas Merton—monk, poet, and visionary—and in the process providing the retreatant with the opportunity to explore the diary as a mode of engaged spirituality.
The retreat is designed for reading, reflecting, sharing, and indeed discovery, framed by silence and prayer.
Two companion books will accompany each retreatant over the three days of the retreat. The cost of these two books is included in the price of the retreat.
- The Intimate Merton: His Life from His Journals;
- a short biography, Thomas Merton: Faithful Visionary by Michael Higgins.
Michael W. Higgins is an internationally respected Merton scholar with numerous articles, essays, documentaries, commentaries and books on Merton, including Heretic Blood: the Spiritual Geography of Thomas Merton and The Unquiet Monk: Thomas Merton’s Questing Faith. He is currently Basilian Senior Fellow of Contemporary Catholic Thought, St. Michael’s College, University of Toronto.
- $490 – Ensuite Room – private single bedroom with 3-piece washroom, desk and chair
- $450 – Standard Room – private single bedroom with sink, desk and chair
- $300 – Commuter – a private room is not included with these fees
Room availability will show in the form’s options below. If all room options are at capacity (FULL), only then the Waiting List option will show…please do fill out the application form to get on the Waiting List! Any questions, contact the Registrar’s office at 519-824-1250 ext. 266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.