June 10 @ 7:30 pm – June 12 @ 2:00 pm
Be part of this retreat designed for people who need time and support in decision making. It includes personal prayer time to support personal integration of whole-group, small-group, and individual interactions. Opportunities to speak with the presenters about the discernment process form a part of the weekend. Limited to 18 participants.
God constantly creates and imparts God’s Spirit to us. Ignatian discernment names a process by which one makes choices to live in the light of God’s Spirit. In the process of Ignatian discernment God is a partner in a person’s or a group’s choice. Divine desires for creation are revealed in Jesus, the Word of God, in Christian tradition and in the life of each person. This last self-communication of God is felt as one’s abiding desires.
- “I came with decisions to make but could not get started. I am leaving with a straightforward process to get me started and I have confidence that this process will lead to good decisions.” -2020-21
- “I appreciated the genuine concern and helpfulness I was shown by others. A caring attitude was ‘tangible’ in everyone’s ‘Quiet’ interactions.” -2020-21
- “The sessions along with the handouts provide the background and knowledge to take home and apply discernment in my life.” -2020-21
Paul Panaretos is a Jesuit Spiritual Director on the Staff of Loyola Retreat House. Joe Waters is one of its regular Guest Spiritual Directors. Together they redesigned Finding Your Way with these outcomes:
- To notice God’s life in you experienced as your deep desires
- To grow more discerning in all your choosing, especially, important choices
- To welcome God to decide with you: to align your desires with God’s desires for you
Renovations to the accommodation wing included new flooring, countertops and beds. We created 20 ensuites and the shared washrooms have been upgraded.
- $299 – Ensuite Room – private single bedroom with 3-piece washroom, desk and chair
- $275 – Standard Room – private single bedroom with sink, desk and chair
- $170 – Commuter – private bedrooms are not included in fees